Love Ben Cohen, Ph.D
Joy Licensed Psychologist
Passion Imago Relationship Therapist
"Dedicated to helping individuals and couples have GREAT relationships, and finding Love and Joy and in their life and work..."
Welcome! My passion is helping couples and individuals attain the life and relationships they desire. Whether you are struggling, and in immediate need of help; or, if you simply want to have a GREAT relationship, or find deeper meaning in your life and work--I am here to help.
Marriage and Couples Counseling:
I offer private couples counseling, marriage intensives, and Weekend Workshops using Imago Relationship Therapy. Through this approach, couples are taught effective communication skills, and given guidance to identify the underlying "core issues" in your relationship. Specifically, you will learn to:
- Develop effective new communication skills, using the “Couples Dialogue”.
- Resolve longstanding conflicts with compassion and ease.
- Re-create the passion, attraction, and intimacy that brought you together at the start.
- Discover the path to emotional healing and spiritual growth through relationship.
- Experience a deep level of empathy and connection with your partner.
I also work with individuals on a wide range of concerns, including: anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, or simply the desire to improve your life and relationships. My goal is to work with you to discover what is getting in the way of having both the “inner” and “outer” life you desire. I have trained in a variety of experiential approaches including Gestalt, Voice Dialogue, Internal Family Systems, and Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy. I believe that deep change only happens when we have greater awareness of our “inner selves”, and develop the capacity to both heal ourselves, as well as getting the support we need from others.
Services offered include:
- Marriage Counseling/Couples Counseling
- Individual Counseling/Psychotherapy
- Life and Relationship Coaching
- Imago Relationship Therapy
- Pre-marital Counseling
- Marriage Retreats and Intensives
- Mindfulness Based Therapy for Anxiety and Depression
- "Conscious Singles" training and coaching
- Therapist training and supervision
I also offer the following Groups and Workshops:
“Getting The Love You Want”: A Couples Workshop
“Keeping The Love You Find”: A Workshop for Individuals
Advanced Workshops for Couples on Sex/Sexuality, Anger/Reactivity, Deepening Your Intimate Connection
About Ben Cohen, Ph.D.:
Ben is a licensed psychologist with over 25 years experience in the field of counseling and psychotherapy. He has been in private practice in Boulder and Denver for nearly 20 years, specializing in helping individuals and couples enhance their lives and relationships. Ben received his certification in Imago Relationship Therapy in 1994, and has presented over 65 Couples' workshops in Denver and Boulder, beginning in 2002. He has extensive experience teaching and training other therapists, including 10 years as adjunct faculty at The Naropa University. Ben is a Certified Imago Instructor, and Dean of the Faculty of Imago Relationships International. Ben is known for the passion, sensitivity, warmth, and humor that he shares with his clients and trainees.
Serving clients in Boulder, Denver, Louisville, Longmont, Lafayette, Superior, and other surrounding areas.